The Mufeed Ul Annam School on the map of Hyderabad 1913

Mufeed-Ul-Annam (on the map it is Mufid-Ul-Annam) is the school run by the community and is located on the map of Hyderabad from 1913. This map was created by the Hyderabad Municipal Survey during 1912-1915. The mapping of Hyderabad was part of a plan for urban Hyderabad after the floods of 1901 by the Nizam’s administration and was led by an engineer Leonard Munn (1878-1935). The need for modern education to get employed in the bureaucracy of the Nizam prompted this founding of the school in 1882 which offered modern education to the children of the community members. This is a major aspect that enabled agency by creating the circumstance for progress in the community members by providing access to education in a time when there were not many schools. Since its founding, all the members of the school until the middle of the twentieth century were educated in there and went on to make significant contributions to the civic life and well-being of the city of Hyderabad.
The school is one of the major institutions of the Brahma Kshatriya community and across from that on the map was the house of Raja Roop Lal whose half-brother Raja Bansi Lal was the founder of the school- they were zamindars or landowners.
Map courtesy: @krishnakriti_foundation Kalakriti Archives, Hyderabad